Tuesday, July 3, 2012

2 Months

Jack is 2 months! Hooray we made it another month. I think that Jack is finally figuring out that sleep is glorious. His first month of life, he thought sleep was for the birds. He's getting with the program. FINALLY.

We went to the pediatrician on Friday and Jack is doing great. He weighs 11 lbs 3 oz and is 24 inches long. He was 20 inches when he was born. He's really growing in length. It's getting to be a bit tricky to find clothes that fit him because he's too long for the 0-3 month onesies. Some of the 3-6 month onesies fit him! He's growing fast! His head circumference is 10th percentile, which shocked me. All week I've been commenting on how big is head looks. I guess it's just my imagination!


He loves bath time, but hates getting out of the bath. He is improving in car rides. We took a trip to Jasper and he did really well in the car. We had to leave during the morning, because that is when he is most likely to take a nap. If we get on the highway he does much better than in town trips.

We are settling into a routine for the morning time, but each day is a surprise. I never know what the schedule will be like. This makes it difficult to make plans and appointments. It'll get better with time, and it already improves week to week.

Jack makes all kinds of silly faces. He likes to "talk". He raises his eyebrows as if he's really listening to what you have to say. He'll laugh at you when you tickle him sometimes. He makes big smiles when he's in a great mood. Before he's about to fall asleep he'll smile and sometimes laugh.
We love him, and I guess we'll keep him. We aren't going to put him on the curb just yet. My cousin Cooper looks at Belinda and says, "Mom, we'd pick up a baby if it was on the side of the road, right?" Cooper also informed me that if I didn't want Jack anymore he'd take him.




No comments:

Post a Comment