Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2 Meals 1 Sauce

By Natalie

On Monday, I made Tilapia Puxa Vida from Baked Bree. The sauce was so fresh.

First you chop some onions, jalapeno, and roasted red peppers in the food processor. Can you believe it? I actually used onions!
 Then sautee the veggies with garlic, 1 can of roasted tomatoes, and 1/2 can of coconut milk.  Then pour the tomato mixture over the tilapia and place in the oven.
I cooked it for 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes.  I cooked it at a higher temperature than Baked Bree recommended. I'm impatient.
Side note: I finally found out the secret to Road House's baked potatoes. Road House has the best salty potatoes. First, I always microwave my potatoes for 3-4 minutes. I sprayed Pam on the outside of the potato then rolled it in kosher salt. Wrap them in foil. Then put them in the oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Do you have any baked potato secrets?

The recipe made so much sauce, that I refrigerated it and used it today. This was even after I halved the recipe. I flew by the seat of my pants for this recipe today. I boiled some egg noodles that I had lying around in the pantry. I sauteed some chicken breasts that I sprinkled with s & p, and Tony's. I reheated the sauce, assembled it all together, and sprinkled some Parmesan cheese on top. It was really simple, and will be great reheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment