Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jambalaya and Hurricanes

By Natalie

I haven't set foot in New Orleans since '03. I'm ready to go back, but I will NOT be trying a hand grenade. Those babies are lethal.

Dinner
I made Mel's Kitchen Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya. It was very tasty. Feel free to have a heavy hand with applying the Chachere's.  After it was done cooking, I added the rice and let it sit together for about 30 minutes. This made the the jambalaya pretty creamy. Like Mel says in her post there are many different types of jambalaya. This one isn't very tomato-ey. If you love tomatoes, I think it would be fine if you add another can of Rotel. 

I had to make a Hurricane to go with it. There are many, many recipes out there for hurricanes. I just searched until I found one that I had all the ingredients. This is more of a summer hurricane. Here's the recipe I used:
  • 1 oz of Orange Liqeur 
  • 1 oz of Bacardi Rum
  • 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup of apple juice
  • 1 tbsp of lime juice
  • slice of pineapple for garnish
The whole time I was making this drink, "Here I am, Rock You Like a Hurricane" kept playing in my head. Too bad that's all the words I know......

Workout
I didn't wake up in time to go for a run. But, if you want to go for a run in these parts you'd have to wake up at 6 AM. That's for the birds. I decided to do Wii Fit yoga. The Wii was pretty dismayed that I hadn't been on in 177 days.

I'm not that keen about the Wii Fit yoga. I wish the program would suggest modifications.  That's what yoga is all about, doing poses at YOUR level. Also, it's pretty hard to have zen moments during this work out. I wish it had salutations or flows.

No comments:

Post a Comment