Thursday, July 14, 2011

Painting at the Break of Dawn and Brisket Tacos

By Natalie

I awoke at 6:09 AM without an alarm clock, and put in my contacts. I changed into my painting clothes, and went outside and started painting the 2nd coat and the door. The sun was coming up as I was starting to paint. Painting doors is tough, especially for a terrible painter like myself.

When I had finished painting I was washing the paint brushes and rollers in the backyard, and Micah comes tearing out of the house. He thought a pipe had burst. I guess he didn't even realize I was already out of bed painting the house like a mad woman.

Work Out
I met Brandi at LA Fitness for yoga class. We worked on our hips. My legs are sore, and my knee is killing me. When I went to class my right knee was hurting me a little bit. But, now my left knee is aching. Not good.

Dinner
I took a co-worker some brisket tacos and was planning on taking her key lime pie ice cream. I prepared the ice cream, and was about to pour it into the ice cream maker when I realized that the insert was not frozen. Micah and I do not want to eat all this ice cream by ourselves!


Gilmore's Brisket Tacos

  • 2 lb roast
  • 4 chicken bullion cubes
  • 1 jar of pepperocinis with juice
  • 1 packet of dry Italian dressing seasoning
  • 2 cups of water
  • 1 roughly chopped onion
  • tortillas
  • mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
Put all of the ingredients through onion in your crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over warm tortillas and sprinkle cheese on top. They are delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment