Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Spinach Tomato Pasta Shells

By Natalie
 Tonight I made Spinach Tomato Pasta Shells. Of course I could not get the sauce to thicken. When you add the 1/2 c of chicken broth, I would scale back to 1/4 c or eliminate it all together. I even added about 9 oz of spinach, 4 more oz than the recipe required. The recipe was really easy, I'm just terrible with sauces! 
Micah insisted that I pose the food this way:
Work Out
Yesterday,  Micah comes home and announces I can not go running there is a heat advisory going on until Thursday morning.  So, I go to the gym and run 5 miles on the treadmill at a 9:30/mile pace. Even though I can get pretty bored on the treadmill yesterday wasn't so bad. Finally there was something good on the TV, Friday Night Lights. I think it was the pilot episode, all the characters looked so young.

Today, Micah rode 10 miles on his bike and then set off to run 2.5 miles. Hmmm, isn't there still a heat advisory going on?! I tell him to wait for me, and we go running together. We take it pretty easy, because it is super hot. I ran about a 10 minute mile.

After my run, I thought I deserved this tasty treat (Summit Maibock & grape tomatoes):
To-Do List
My to-do list is shaping up nicely thanks in large part to my parents. I don't know what I would do without them. My mom came over early and helped me paint our latest renovations that took place in April. We had a 3 pane sliding glass door in the game room, we took that out and put in one door. You can't even tell!  We got the first coat put on, and in the process almost died of heat stroke. I caulked some nail holes, and the 2nd coat will cover those up. I supplied us with smoothies for our hard work. I also gave mom left overs  from last night for lunch. She literally licked the plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment