I found this recipe on Food Lush, the site that I write for on Fridays. I was a little bit leary about this recipe, because I don't like eggplant. I'm trying to be brave, so I thought I would try it.
And, I'm happy to report they turned out great! Cheese always makes things taste great.
I do need to remember to cook eggplant earlier in the week. I do all my shopping on Monday, and waiting 5 days to eat it, is a bit too long. Nonetheless, it still turned out great. Now, to convince Micah to taste some. He told me I'm supposed to make his pizzas on naan that we had leftover from last night.
Here's how I made it:
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- handful of basil
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice eggplant into horizontal 1/2 inch- 1 inch slices.
- Place eggplant on cookie sheet, brush olive oil and sprinkle salt on eggplant. Cook for 6 minutes, turn and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat tomato sauce in small sauce pan. Add 1 tsp of Italian seasoning and handful of chopped basil. Cook on low heat until eggplant is done.
- Add sauce and sprinkle cheese on cooked eggplant.
- Cook about 3 minutes until cheese is melted.