Friday, August 26, 2011

Quick Lunch: Sweet Potato Tacos

By Natalie

This is one of my go to lunches, when I've reached the bottom of the fridge. Or if I have left over rice from the night before. You can get pretty creative with this recipe. I use what I have one hand. This recipe is based on the Whole Life Nutrition's Black Bean and Yam wraps. Whole Life Nutrition is a great resource for gluten free and vegan recipes.


Sweet Potato Tacos
1 sweet potato
1 can of black beans
1 avocado
lettuce or spinach
tortillas
salsa
sour cream
shredded cheese
Cook sweet potato at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes depending on size. Meanwhile cook black beans. Heat tortilla in microwave for 10 minutes. Once potato is ready, spread on tortilla. Then add black beans, and top with salsa, spinach, shredded cheese, avocado, and sour cream.

*If you have time, Spanish rice is a nice addition. I prefer Rice a Roni's Spanish rice with Rotel.

1 comment: