I found this recipe on Food Lush, and Caitlin found it in Real Simple magazine. It's really delicious. As with all recipes I changed it up just a bit. I took this dish to work, and the ladies really enjoyed it. It's really creamy, and the pumpkin is not overpowering at all.
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- onion powder
- 1 bag of frozen spinach*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cups (6 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 18- to 24-ounce packages refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the spinach and increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper, and the nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, cream, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, and the remaining salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of ravioli in greased 8x8 baking dish. Top with half of the spinach mixture and almost half the pumpkin mixture. Top with another layer of ravioli. Repeat with the remaining spinach mixture and all but 1 cup of the pumpkin mixture. Top with the remaining ravioli, pumpkin mixture, and Parmesan. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.