Monday, November 7, 2011

Berry Trifle

By Natalie

 
During an especially busy week, I needed to make a dessert that would be ready in 10 minutes. My co-worker had just the recipe. This is so easy, and a crowd pleaser. I made the trifle and took it over to Jennie's and my co-worker made it the next day and brought it to work for a birthday celebration. Micah pretty much demolished what was left over.

Berry Trifle
  • 1 package of frozen angel food cake (Sarah Lee is preferred)
  • 1 family size box of instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 can of sweet and condensed milk
  • 1 package of frozen berries
  • cool whip
  • Nuts for garnish (I used walnuts)

  1. Cut angel food cake into 1 inch cubes. Layer half of the angel food cake on the bottom of the trifle bowl.
  2. Place half of the frozen berries on top of the angel food cake.
  3. Mix the vanilla pudding with 2 cups of milk and 1 can of sweet and condensed milk. Pour half of the pudding mixture into trifle bowl.
  4. Layer again-angel food cake, berries, then pudding.
  5. Top with as much cool whip as you desire and sprinkle nuts on top
Natalie's tips: I couldn't find Sarah Lee frozen angel food cake so I used one already made in the bakery section of the grocery store. If the berries have lots of ice deposits on them, place in a strainer and run them under hot water. Blot dry with a paper towel. If you can't find family size pudding, use 1 cup of milk and 1 can of sweet and condensed milk.

3 comments:

  1. Can I share this recipe on Food Lush? It was delicious! And I'd like to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinning this! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, guess what i'll be making for my company Christmas party!!??? This sounds awesome. Also, HOW CUTE IS YOUR BLOG!?!?

    ReplyDelete