My sad little crock pot has been pretty busy. I use the crock pot at least once a week. Here's what I've been cooking lately.....
I posted on Food Lush about Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
Low Fat cheesy chicken from Crockpot Moms on Facebook
BBQ porkloin is another one of my favorites to cook up. It's so easy. It's my go-to when I'm feeding a large crowd.
I also made Taco Soup which is one of my cold weather favorites. We've made this in my family for years, but not necessarily in the crock pot. This is really a recipe that you don't need to cook all day. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to make anyways when I'm not using the crock pot.
When I cooked it in the crock pot, my only problem was that it was a little bit greasy. You can solve this problem by browning the meat before hand or skimming off the grease before serving it.
- 1/2 pound of hamburger meat
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can of corn (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can of green chiles
- 1/2 a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 a packet of Taco Seasoning
- Optional: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips
- Brown the meat. Drain fat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Add a little bit of water if looks to thick. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.