Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crockpot Tuesdays

By Natalie

My sad little crock pot has been pretty busy. I use the crock pot at least once a week. Here's what I've been cooking lately.....

I posted on Food Lush about Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup

Low Fat cheesy chicken from Crockpot Moms on Facebook
I tweaked this recipe because I couldn't find all the ingredients. Pour a can of broccoli and cheese soup, 2 chicken breasts (I used frozen ones), and 1 can of cream of chicken soup. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. When I got home I boiled up some noodles, and then poured the cheesy chicken mixture on top.

BBQ porkloin is another one of my favorites to cook up. It's so easy. It's my go-to when I'm feeding a large crowd.

I also made Taco Soup which is one of my cold weather favorites. We've made this in my family for years, but not necessarily in the crock pot.  This is really a recipe that you don't need to cook all day. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to make anyways when I'm not using the crock pot.

When I cooked it in the crock pot, my only problem was that it was a little bit greasy. You can solve this problem by browning the meat before hand or skimming off the grease before serving it.

Taco Soup
  • 1/2 pound of hamburger meat
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1 can of corn (drained and rinsed)
  • 1 can of green chiles
  • 1/2 a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
  • 1/2 a packet of Taco Seasoning
  • Optional: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips
  1. Brown the meat. Drain fat.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot. Add a little bit of water if looks to thick. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer 10-15 minutes.
  3. Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment