Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Favorite Summer Drink: Basil Lemonade

By Natalie

While perusing my google reader I came across Basil Lemonade from Love and Olive Oil. This sounded very refreshing, and I have unlimited supply of basil. The drought is pretty bad here, and our grass is fried. But, the basil plant and rosemary are trucking along. I was happy to find another way to use basil!

I changed the recipe a little bit. I felt it was a little bit too sweet, and added more water.

Basil Lemonade
1/8 c of sugar
2 lemons
handful of basil

Make simple syrup by combining an 1/8 of cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in the microwave, and heat until the sugar is dissolved. About 1 minute. Meanwhile, squeeze 2 lemons in a pitcher and add the basil. Then muddle the basil and lemon juice. Once the simple syrup has cooled add to the lemon juice basil mixture. Add another cup or 2 of water and refrigerate.  Serve over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment