Monday, August 22, 2011

Black Bean Burgers

By Natalie
This was my first time to make Spicy Mango Black Bean burgers. I just dipped my toe in a little by making them half black bean and half turkey burgers. They were a lot of work. First, I had to make the mango salsa. Then blend up the black beans and salsa.
 Next, add all this to the ground turkey. They were so sticky! I think this is my fault because I omitted half of the black beans. I already had half a can of black beans in the fridge, and didn't want to open another can!  I shaped the patties and then froze them for 10 minutes.

Then Micah and I had a cook off. I didn't think they would stay together on the grill. Micah managed all right. He sprayed down the grill with cooking spray. I cooked mine on the stove! They both turned out well. They were not Micah's favorite.
 For lunch the next day I had a patty in a tortilla. The tortilla went well with the avocado sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment