Saturday, August 6, 2011

Who Are You?

By Natalie
Micah was on the trail by sunrise, and his plan was to ride 80 miles today. I thought he was crazy. I didn't even hear him leave this morning.  If you know Micah, you know this is a miracle in itself that he was awake. He LOVES to sleep. The plan was for me to ride 20-30 miles with him today. I woke up a  little bit before 8, quickly got ready and met him on the trail. The timing worked out perfectly, we couldn't have planned it better. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot, Micah and Erik were riding in. Micah's plan was to ride 35 miles, then come back in for a water stop to refill. Erik headed home and then I started riding with Micah.

My knee felt sore the minute I got on the bike.  It didn't end up hurting me too much during the ride (thankfully!). I couldn't catch a breath during the ride. This is how I felt on the run yesterday. I'm not used to feeling this way. It was a tough 25 miles, I just wanted to pull over and die under a tree. I wish November would hurry up and get here.

After we finished 25 miles, I left Micah to refuel, and then he headed out for another lap. All in all he completed 83.3 MILES! Can you believe it? I'm so incredibly proud of the progress he's made this year. He's lost 40 pounds and waking up at dawn to ride. Who is this man and what have you done with my husband? I'm overjoyed with the transformation!

He's going to do awesome on Hotter N' Hell on the 27th!

No comments:

Post a Comment