Here are some great ideas that people have shared with me lately about raising their kids:
- Put your older baby to bed awake so that he can learn to soothe himself to sleep.
- Put your toddler to bed at the same time each night, and he can stay up as long as he want in his room reading books
- Put 2 layers of waterproof sheets and flat sheets in the crib. In the middle of the night if he gets one set wet, all you have to do is pull the top layer off.
- Potty train all day and ALL NIGHT. Don't put a pull-up on them at night, go ahead and get waterproof sheets.
- Set up allowances that your child gets $5 per week for helping around the house. With that $5 they have to put $2 into savings, $1 they have to give to charity or tithe, $2 they can spend. I love the idea of teaching giving and saving so early!
- How to get going on cloth diapers: