Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve Dinner Party

Welcome to my blog, and to my very first post. I'm just going to dive right in.

On NYE, instead of going out we decided to host a small gathering with Jennie, Mike, Mike's parents, and my parents. We had a terrific time,  especially because I won at Uno TWO times.

Here's what our tables looked like:

 Don't laugh at the uneven heights of the tables, instead direct your attention to the beautiful dishes.

Our Menu:

Appetizer:
Baked Brie adapted from Foodie Bride
I decided to omit the onions, and I used plum jelly in one of the baked bries, and plain jane for the other. I used plum jelly because that's what I had on hand. It was delish!

Starter:
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup from Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Cooking
This soup was so easy to make, and I'm going to say that it isn't that bad for you either. It only had 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, which isn't too bad split amongst 8 people.

Main Course:


Prime Rib cooked on the Green Egg
Baked Potatoes
Green Beans

Beverages:
Iced Tea
Homebrew (Spice Beer, IPA, and Stout)
Champagne
Mimosas

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome to the blogging world!

    Your NYE looks like it was a fabulous time. I'm jealous (and angling for an invite in the future). Hope we all kick off 2011 in fine form. So glad 2010 introduced me to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dishes are nice! Sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will need to try that baked brie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete