Saturday, April 9, 2011

What we ate last week April 4th-8th

Here's what we ate this week. I didn't plan very well, because we had Chinese food 2 days in a row. Oops!

Monday: I went to Central Market to do my weekly grocery shopping. I can't remember what I ate, but Micah went to the Ranger game. He was a good boy and packed a sandwich to eat on the way to the game! So proud of him and his efforts to cut back on eating out.

Tuesday: I went to Wal-Mart by my house for the household essentials that you can't afford at Central Market. Forgot my list, but thought I did pretty well with remembering.

We had Beef Broccoli Stir Fry from Cooking Light. I omitted the sherry, and just used beef stock. I also didn't use green onions, and used frozen broccoli.  It turned out great, and Micah and I ate it for lunch the next day.

Wednesday: I went to Wal-Mart by my work, and bought all the things I forgot on my list. I also had to buy hoisin sauce because I had used it all the night before. I invited Mom over, because Dad is out of town for the next 10 days! Since I know she loves Chinese, I made the 2nd Chinese dish of the week,  Cooking Light's Chicken Fried Rice.

It felt like deja vu from the night before. The first steps are pretty much identical. For some reason this dish was a little sweet. I'm guessing it's the lime juice. It wasn't my favorite, and the rice wasn't really fried. Good thing, Micah saved this dinner by buying egg rolls on his way home from work. Nevertheless, I had Chinese for the 4th meal in a row, and ate it for lunch the next day!

Thursday: Thankfully, I did not have to go the grocery store! We ate pork chops that I sauteed in a skillet along with stuffed zucchini. This zucchini was good, but too much work for me. I ate the left over stuffing the next day for lunch. The stuffing would have made a delicious breakfast scramble after adding an egg. I only used 1 zucchini, because Micah really doesn't like zucchini.

Friday: I invited Mom over for dinner for slow cooker pesto spinach lasagna. This lasagna only needs to cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high, so someone really needs to be home to turn it on. I ended up only cooking it for 4.5 hours on high.  I was a little bit unsure of mixing pesto and red spaghetti sauce, but it was really yummy. The recipe didn't call for any seasonings, and it didn't need any. I sent Mom home with some left overs.

Photo Credit: Cookinglight.com

No comments:

Post a Comment