Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Run For the Son 5K, 10K

By Natalie

This weekend Micah ran a 10K and I ran the 5K.  My doctor brought up exercising at the 8 week appointment and said that I'm clear to do anything that I want. He said it would be fine to run. I haven't been running very much. I wanted to make it out of the first trimester before I got back into it. The first trimester I did yoga three times a week, and some swimming on occasion.

Micah is training for the White Rock half marathon on December 4th. This was his first official week of training. The training schedule called for 3 mile runs on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I thought this was a bit bizarre. I thought he would run a 4 or 5 miler on Wednesday. But, come race day he had no problem!
Neither one of us wanted to wake up and go to the race. At least we finished! I finished my 5K 31:38, and Micah finished his 10K in 1:02:25. Micah wanted to finish in under an hour. He was disappointed with his time, but I think I slowed him down the first loop. The 10K course was just the 5K course twice.

Before the race I had Chex cereal. After I crossed the finish line I had an orange. They were offering yogurt and breakfast burritos, which did not sound very good. When I got home I made us eggs sandwiches with a cup of hot mango tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment