Thursday, March 15, 2012

Nursery

By Natalie

I had big plans to work on the nursery during spring break, but it's pretty much complete. My mom is still working on some turtle art. It's awesome to have such a crafty mom. I'm pleased as punch on how it turned out.

We bought the furniture from Lone Star Baby. This is the Ragazzi collection. I bought the knobs from Target. I didn't like the clunky brown knobs it came with.
The bedding is CoCaLo, which my mom bought from Buy Buy Baby. Thanks mom! I hear that you can find the same bedding at Burlington Coat Factory.

I love the ABC wall! I bought all the letters from Hobby Lobby. The wooden ones I painted the edges, then modge podged the scrapbook paper on there. One layer of modge podge to glue the paper, and then one thin top coat. I added buttons and ribbon that I had on hand. The biggest problem was how to keep the letters from falling off. First, I tried command strips, I probably spent over $20. They stayed for a few weeks, until we had a humid day. Then they were falling off left and right. Then I tried industrial strength velcro. Finally, I drilled tiny holes through the letters and nailed all of them up there.
We bought this organization system at Target first, and then found it much cheaper at Home Depot.

8 comments:

  1. I love the ABC wall! It looks so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man! I'm so sorry I lead you down the command strip path. The room looks so sweet. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It's so creative and with useful cubbies and wow. Just very, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Especially the furniture and the ABC wall is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! So cute! The turtles are precious. He is a lucky little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's adorable. I love the letters on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so cute! He will be happy in that room. :)

    ReplyDelete