Saturday, March 19, 2011

Menu for March 21st-25th

Back to work I go. Boo! Here's what we're having next week:

Monday

Blackened Tilapia Baja Tacos
Tilapia is certainly not Micah's favorite fish. He calls it a bottom feeder. Since we aren't a big fish family, I'm getting a little tired of rotating between shrimp and salmon each Monday. This recipe is pulled from my favorite cooking magazine, Cooking Light!

Tuesday

Tamarind Pork with Pineapple-Ginger Chutney from Cooking Light. I usually have pineapple and ginger on hand because of the smoothies I make every morning. I'm a little bit concerned about finding tamarind paste. Surely, Central Market will have it. I will probably cut this recipe in half, and just make a 1 lb pork loin.

Wednesday
Brisket Tacos
 6 lb roast
4 chicken bullion cubes
1 jar of pepperocinis with juice
1 packet of dry Italian dressing seasoning
2 cups of water
1 roughly chopped onion
tortillas
mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese

Put all of this in your crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over warm tortillas and sprinkle cheese on top.



Thursday (Meatless day!)
Lemon and Chive Spaghetti with Farmers' Market Veggies
I saw this recipe last summer on Rachel Ray's daytime show. This pasta is not your typical pasta. It's very fresh and light!

Friday
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Oh, and I'll certainly be using boneless chicken breasts. You won't ever see me cooking chicken thighs. I strongly dislike chicken on the bone. I know, I'm strange. The last time I made these, didn't bother with the mung bean sprouts, scallions, sesame seeds, or wonton wrappers. I wish that Foodnetwork had posted the nutritional value. I guarantee that these are way lower in calories than Cheesecake Factory's Lettuce Wrap which sit at about 1,025 calories.


Photo Credit: Rachelray.com, Foodnetwork.com and Cookinglight.com

No comments:

Post a Comment