Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu for March 28th- April 1st

I can't believe April will be here on Friday! Everyone is super excited about spring coming, but I know what's in store for Texas. 90+temps already. I'm not looking forward to the heat. Thank goodness for a cold front that blew in on Sunday.

Monday
Chips and Fish 
Mmmmm, fried food. This is Alton Brown's recipe from Food Network. Micah adores Alton Brown. I'm not sure if I'm going to use Safflower oil. The internet says we can substitute canola oil. I plan on making Micah in charge. Hot oil and I really don't mix. I like to start small fires. I used my mandolin to make the fries, I'm not sure what a v-slicer is. Anyone have any ideas?

Tuesday


Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops
I never buy bone in pork chops. I hate bones in meat. I'm just weird that way.  I'll probably sub spinach for the escarole.
 
Wednesday

Szechuan Chicken
From Jonniker over at Food Lush

Thursday

Spicy Peanut Chicken over Rice
I bought Naan to accompany this Indian dish. Hooray! Naan is so good! 


Friday (Meatless day!)

Mini Farfalle with Roasted Peppers, Onions, Feta & Mint
Excited to use basil and mint from my garden.


Photo Credit: Foodnetwork.com, Marthastewart.com, & Cookinglight.com

No comments:

Post a Comment