Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bike Ride from Hell, Watermelon, and Bell Peppers

By Natalie

Workouts
I swam 500 meters this morning, which only takes about 10 minutes. Not much of a work out, and I was planning on running afterward.  But, I forgot my tennis shoes!

When Micah came home he had the genius plan to ride our bikes over to my parents which is about 16 miles away. The plan was to ride there, feed the dogs, and then ride back. When we were 1.25 miles away from home, I got a flat tire. We changed it without much of a problem.  When we were at mile 13 a buzzing insect flew into my helmet. I was shaking my head trying to get the bug out. Then I took of my helmet to shake him out and my sunglasses flew off in the road. I pulled over to go get my sunglasses, just as a car ran them over. The ride to my parents isn't really meant for bikers, lots of traffic. Once we arrived at my parents, we abandoned the bike ride, and took my parents' car home. Only problem was the car was on EMPTY, below the E. I didn't think we were going to make it back home. And we had no money, no shoes, and no license to stop and get gas. At least we had our road IDs!


Watermelon Fest
I actually do not like watermelon. But, I hijacked some watermelon from the Gilmore's on Sunday. I really wanted to try Watermelon Jalapeno pops, but forget to get a jalapeno at Sprouts.  So, I made these other treats instead. Micah has already had 3 glasses of the limeade. I decided to add a splash of vodka, which makes it extra yummy!
Watermelon Limeade

Watermelon Lime Sorbet


Dinner
Stuffed Bell Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment