Monday, June 20, 2011

Seafood Mondays

By Natalie

By 9:30 AM I had made smoothies, had a cup of coffee, folded 3 loads of laundry, did the dishes,  unloaded the dishwasher, and ran 5 miles.  I needed a nap by 10:00.

We eat seafood on Mondays, because this is grocery store day. I took a trip to Central Market this afternoon, and it was crowded. What's the deal? I was hoping to do my shopping in peace. The seafood counter took forever, and I gave up completely at the deli counter. At least my check out was quick.


I finished The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. I started this book yesterday, and was instantly sucked in.  It's a really easy read, although I feel like it lost some steam near the end. The main character is lovable, and you root for her the whole time.

Workout
Today I ran 5 miles, and my pace was just pitiful. It was really windy, but you need the wind or else you would melt. I made it, but felt pretty terrible the rest of the afternoon.

Dinner
We made Pioneer Woman's Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp. I accompanied this with rice and broccoli. Micah & I enjoyed this dish. I only added 1/4 tsp of cayenne, Micah wilts when things are too hot. 
In my house, we fill our wine glasses to the brim. To hell with dignity.
photo credit: Amazon.com & me

No comments:

Post a Comment