Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Dinner

By Natalie

I made dinner and dessert for my Dad. It was delicious!
 Barley is a good boy waiting for a piece of chicken!
 Micah cooked this beer can chicken on the Big Green Egg at 225 degrees for about 2 hours. It was very flavorful and juicy.
One of my Dad's all time favorites is potato salad. He loves to eat it with gumbo or on top of pretty much anything. I on the other hand strongly dislike it.  I  made myself a side of mashers.
 I got this recipe from Elly Says Opa. Notice Key Lime Pie is not green. Yellow Key Lime pie is the real deal. I waited until just before serving before I add the heavy whipping cream.
 I served cinnamon ice cream alongside the Key Lime pie. If you like drinking the milk after you've had Cinnamon Toast cereal, this is the ice cream for you. I added 1 tbsp of cinnamon, which is a tad too much. I think next time I'll try 2-3 tsp. I used the vanilla ice cream starters from Williams-Sonoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment