Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Orzo and Lemons

By Natalie

Snacks
I made Tuscan Lemon muffins. They are very tasty. When you bake them, be careful not to over cook. They will be really light in color.  I increased some of the amounts to make them extra moist. I had 2 right as they came out of the oven.

Dinner
I made Orzo Salad with Zucchini and Feta. I changed this recipe up quite a bit.  While you are boiling the pasta, I sliced 2 zucchinis into half moons and placed them in foil. I covered the zucchini with Chachere's and butter, and cooked for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees.  Then made the sauce 3 tbsp of EVOO, 3 tbsp of rice wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper, s & p in a small bowl. Set aside.  I halved some cherry tomatoes. Once the pasta is finished run under cold water. Then add the tomatoes, feta, sauce, and cooked zucchini to the pasta. S & P to taste.

Work-Out
I felt like crap all day, and was really dreading spin class. I contemplated not going, but Micah made me. About 30 minutes into the class I thought I was going to throw-up, but I kept going.  At the end of class I felt great. I know that working out always makes me feel much better about life, but sometimes it is really hard to get the motivation to get up and go. After spin, I had enough energy to run 2 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment